The Fitness Floor Staff is responsible for maintaining the organization of the fitness rooms, including the cardio, weight, and functional training areas. The Fitness Floor Staff is a part-time employee, working a maximum of 18 hours per week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Fitness Floor Staff requires the ability to work in active pace (75 lbs or more).
The Fitness Floor Staff should have some fitness knowledge. The Fitness Floor Staff should have customer service experience.
The Fitness Floor Staff is under the supervision of the Fitness & Athletic Supervisor.
- Assure all fitness equipment is put away and organized in the proper place.
- Encourage members to put equipment away when finished.
- Clean and wipe down equipment daily.
- Perform equipment checks daily.
- Teach members how to operate fitness equipment.
- Perform basic maintenance such as emptying trash, cleaning floors, dusting.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND TRAITS:
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Customer service experience.
- Assisting custodial staff when cleaning underneath equipment.
- Laundering towels when necessary.
- Working well with all Park District staff.
The Fitness Floor Staff may feel added pressure from the volume of members and guests using the fitness center. The Fitness Floor Staff must remain calm and friendly to all members and guests. The Fitness Floor Staff must be a good problem solver and continually develop creative solutions as problems may occur.
The Fitness Floor Staff must be able to bend, stoop, lift items up to 75 pounds, turn, and stand for extended periods of time.
The Fitness Floor staff will perform most activities indoors; these conditions may include lighting and extreme temperatures.
The Fitness Floor Staff must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
The Fitness Floor Staff must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
Contact: Karla Paschon, Fitness Center Front Desk Supervisor, firstname.lastname@example.org