TITLE: Registration Clerk
CATEGORY: Part Time - Typical Hours M-F 8:30am-3:30pm
The Registration Clerk is responsible for front line customer service. The Registration Clerk is a part time employee working no more than 35 hours per week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Registration Clerk requires the ability to work in a sedentary work level (30 lbs. or less).
The Registration Clerk should have at least 3 years in a customer service related position. The Registration Clerk must have experience working Microsoft computer programs. Experience with Vermont Systems, Inc. (VSI) RecTrac 3.1 preferred. The Registration Clerk must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and 2 years of college credits.
The Registration Clerk is under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
- Greet all patrons, members and participants in a professional and courteous manner as they enter the Heritage Center.
- Answer the telephone in a professional and courteous manner and direct the call to the appropriate person.
- Answer all of the patron’s questions, via in person, on the telephone or email; or direct the patron to the appropriate person for the question to be answered. All of this is to be done in a professional and courteous manner.
- Process all program registrations, refunds, and program cancellations at the Heritage Center.
- Assist staff in processing billing payments in VSI for Preschool and Summer Camps.
- Assist patrons in completing all paperwork including contracts and permits for rentals or other programs. Be the lead person inputting the information into VSI.
- Order all supplies necessary for daily operations at all Park District facilities.
- Assist other team members with participating in and preparing for Special Events. Copying and distribution of information or materials, and scheduling facilities.
- Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Excellent customer service skills, (internal and external customers)
- Knowledge and experience with computers and Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and experience with VSI: RecTrac 3.1 preferred.
- Ability to successfully use the secondary electronic devices: copy machine, postage machine, laminator and label maker.
- Work well with all departments and personalities.
- Have a basic knowledge of all facilities, parks, programs, special events, and memberships; or know how and where to obtain the information.
- Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
The Registration Clerk may feel added pressure from the volume of calls, walk in requests, emails about programs, special events and general Park District information. The Registration Clerk must remain calm and continually share Park District information with patrons.
The Registration Clerk must be able to bend, stoop, lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, turn, sit, and stand for short or extended periods of time.
The Registration Clerk may be exposed to elements when assisting with outdoor functions. Most activities are preformed indoors; the outdoor conditions may include lighting and extreme temperatures.
The Registration Clerk must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
The Registration Clerk must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
Contact: Mike Gianatasio, firstname.lastname@example.org