Natural science programs or badge activities led by LVNC staff are available! A 90-minute program will satisfy most of the requirements for a given badge or achievement. Please fill out a Scout Program Request Form to start your reservation process.
Scout Group Reservation Information
- Girl Scout programs for Daisy, Brownie and Junior.
- Group programs (except camping programs) are 90 minutes long.
- Camping programs are 2 hours (with an additional fee). The Nature Program Coordinator will arrange this extra time with your group before the outing.
- Groups must provide a minimum of one (1) chaperone for every ten (10) children.
- Camping and fishing programs are a minimum of one (1) chaperone for every five (5) children.
- Chaperones are free.
- Signed waiver required for each participant.
- Regular programs: $75 for first ten (10) children. $6/additional child
- Camping programs: $110 for first ten (10) children. $6/additional child
- Base fee ($75 or $110 depending on program) required at time of reservation.
- Additional children will be charged for at the time of the outing.
- Cancellations must be made at least two (2) weeks prior to reservation date. Refunds will not be given after.
- Any questions? Contact Laura Saletta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recycling - A Green Petal activity
Learn about using resources wisely. Activities may include making a craft project from scraps, making recycled paper, or participating in a "recycling relay."
Caring for Creatures - A 3 Cheers for Animals Journey activity
Learn about what animals need to survive by getting up close and personal with LVNC's resident reptiles. Talk about how humans can take care of their pets to make sure they lead healthy and happy lives. Discuss ways to be safe around pets and wildlife.
Terrific Trees - A Between Earth and Sky Journey activity
Find out what trees can do for you. Learn about the different parts of a tree through hands-on investigations. Take a hike and identify a few local trees. Do leaf and bark rubbings to take home.
Bugs - Meets requirements of the Bugs badge
Explore the amazing world of bugs through hands-on investigations. Learn about lifecycle and make a butterfly craft to take home.
Hiker - Meets requirements of the Hiker badge
Learn about the places near your home to go hiking. Talk about hiking safety and learn about trail signs. Make some trail mix and go for a scavenger hunt.
Pond Investigation (available Apr-Oct) - A Wonders of Water Journey activity
Discuss the water cycle and the ways that we can use water wisely. Take a peek in our pond for wildlife and learn where water comes from.
Flowers - Meets requirements of the Flower badge
Investigate the way flowers can help people. Learn about the parts of a flower. Make a dried flower bookmark and learn how to make a fancy flower arrangement.
Animal Homes - Meets requirements of the Animal Habitats badge
Learn about animals and the places that they live. Observe some live animals, create an animal home, explore endangered habitats, and learn how you can help protect them.
Camping Fun (camping program, available Apr-Oct) - Meets requirements of the Camper badge
Get ready for a camping trip! Learn how to tie some useful knots and make a campfire. Talk about fire and camping safety, as well as "leave no trace" practices. We'll have marshmallows for roasting, or you can prepare a meal over the campfire. (Note: The troop will need to plan and purchase the meal.)