The Oakbrook Terrace Park District is seeking a Preschool Camp Director for its early childhood camps. Please see below regarding hours, pay rate, job responsibilities, and qualifications.
SUMMARY: The Camp Director is responsible for supervising, implementing and evaluating all day-to-day camp activities, as well as the 2’s and 3’s Just for Me program and administrative duties. The Camp Director is a seasonal employee, working 12-15 hours of camp. In addition to working Preschool Camp, the Camp Director will work the 2’s and 3’s program on Tuesdays and Thursdays, dependent on enrollment. The hours for the 2’s and 3’s program are approximately 6-10 hours per week The Camp Directors hours will be no more than 21 hours per week. All planning hours must take place at the office. This position requires you to be on your feet and able to lift approximately 30 lbs.
SALARY RANGE: $12.00-13.00 per hour
The Camp Director should have experience working with children, a background in youth programming and has or is striving for a bachelor’s degree in education, physical education, health or a similar area. Two or more years of experience is ideal.
The Camp Director is under the supervision of the Recreation Supervisor.
1. Attend and lead mandatory staff orientation and trainings.
2. Instruct assigned Camp activities competently and reliably.
3. Develop and maintain effective public relations/communications with staff, campers and parents.
4. Maintain inventory of program supplies and make recommendations for purchases.
5. Clean and maintain program area.
6. Assist in evaluating assigned programs and make recommendations for improvement.
7. Supervise staff on-site.
8. Ensure that all staff and participants are following Park District and program policies and procedures.
9. Attend meetings.
10. Work independently.
11. Ensure the safety and well-being of all campers.
12. Provide a positive and encouraging teamwork atmosphere.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
1. Ability to communicate with parents, staff supervisor and other Park District employees.
2. Ability to work well with all personalities.
3. Knowledge on Microsoft programs.
4. Excellent leadership skills.
5. Willing to acquire First Aid and CPR training.
6. Ability to provide excellent customer service.
7. Ability to complete the essential functions of the position.
1. Maintain clean and safe camp environment.
2. Assist staff as needed.
3. Work well with all personalities.
The Camp Director may feel added pressure from the number of children and their energy at times. They may also feel pressure from the amount of questions they receive. The Camp Director must remain calm and be able to address problems and issues that arise. The Camp Director may feel added pressure when developing daily plans and back up plans. The Camp Director must be a good problem solver and is able to develop creative responses to problems.
The Camp Director must be able to bend, stoop, lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, turn, sit and stand for short or extended periods of time.
Indoor work conditions will include lighting, temperature and noise. Outside conditions will include extreme temperature, sunlight and precipitation.
The Camp Director must exhibit good problem-solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District. The Camp Director must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
To apply, send your resume and job application to Cassie Wojick, Recreation Supervisor: email@example.com.