TITLE: Recreation Supervisor
SUMMARY: The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for all non-athletic and non-fitness programming. The Recreation Supervisor is a full-time employee working a minimum of 40 hours per week. Work pace is moderate to active depending on the task required. The position of Recreation Supervisor requires the ability to work in active pace (30 lbs. or more).
QUALIFICATIONS: The Recreation Supervisor should have a Bachelor’s degree in Parks and Recreation or a related field and at least 1 year of full time experience in a Parks and Recreation related position. The Recreation Supervisor must have experience working with Microsoft computer programs. Experience with Vermont Systems, Inc. (VSI) RecTrac preferred.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: The Recreation Supervisor is under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
- Directly supervise and manage the Early Learning Program, Summer Camps, Active Adult Programs and Trips, Special Events and as well as general interest programs and events.
- Evaluate the need for new programs and events as well as retiring outdated programs and events.
- Manage rentals, including staffing, for Heritage Center and parks.
- Actively participate in creating and maintaining the Recreation Department budget.
- Monitor revenue and expenses for programs and events.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and manage staff.
- Work to develop a network of volunteers to assist with Park District special events.
- Purchase all supplies necessary for program and special event operations.
- Attend and participate in Active Adult’s Club meetings.
- Plan and organize the Active Adults Trips.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Attend Park District Board Meetings as required.
- Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Excellent customer service skills, (internal and external customers)
- Ability to successfully use the secondary electronic devices: copy machine, postage machine, laminator and label maker.
- Work well with all departments and personalities.
- Have a basic knowledge of all programs, special events, and memberships; or know how and where to obtain the information.
- Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.