CATEGORY: Part Time; M, W, F - 8:30am-4:30pm
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for all marketing, advertising and sponsorship functions for the agency. The Marketing Coordinator is a part time employee working no more than 24 hours per week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Marketing Coordinator requires the ability to work at a moderate work level (30 lbs. or less).
The Marketing Coordinator should have at least 3 years of experience in marketing or related field. A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred. The Marketing Coordinator must have experience working Microsoft computer programs. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
The Marketing Coordinator is under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
- Manage marketing/promotional campaigns
- Develop and maintain style guide and brand standards for agency to follow
- Produce written copy for marketing/promotional materials including, but not limited to press releases, local newsletters, brochures and digital promotions.
- Coordinate marketing/promotional campaigns including, but not limited to websites, social media and print
- Solicit, attain and coordinate sponsorships
- Manage social media accounts
- Design and create promotional materials
- Manage agency website
- Take photos at events and programs and manage photo library
- Manage job postings through various avenues including, but not limited to local colleges, job sites and agency website
- Identify new avenues of marketing, promotions and public relations
- Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
- Must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Excellent customer service skills, (internal and external customers)
- Knowledge and understanding of modern marketing landscape
- Strong graphic design skills
- Knowledge of basic photography principles
- Ability to work independently while managing time and projects efficiently
- Work well with all departments and personalities
- Have a basic knowledge of all programs, special events, and memberships; or know how and where to obtain the information.
- Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
The Marketing Coordinator may feel added pressure due to the volume of projects and other marketing obligations. The Marketing Coordinator must continually come up with creative solutions to address the marketing needs of the agency.
The Marketing Coordinator must be able to bend, stoop, lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, turn, sit, and stand for short or extended periods of time.
The Marketing Coordinator may be exposed to elements when assisting with outdoor functions. Most activities are preformed indoors; the outdoor conditions may include lighting and extreme temperatures.
The Marketing Coordinator must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
CONTACT: Mike Gianatasio, Superintendent of Recreation, email@example.com