The Front Desk Attendant is responsible for front line customer service. The Front Desk Attendant is a part time employee working varied hours throughout the week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Front Desk Attendant requires the ability to work in a sedentary work level (30 lbs. or less).
The Front Desk Attendant should have at least 3 years in a customer service related position. The Front Desk Attendant must have experience working Microsoft computer programs. Experience with Vermont Systems, Inc. (VSI) RecTrac preferred. The Front Desk Attendant must have a high school diploma (or equivalent) and/or 2 years of college credits.
The Front Desk Attendant is under the supervision of the Front Desk Supervisor and Fitness and Athletics Supervisor.
- Greet all patrons, members and participants in a professional and courteous manner as they enter the Fitness Center.
- Answer the telephone in a professional and courteous manner and direct the call to the appropriate person.
- Answer all of the patron’s questions, via in person, on the telephone or email; or direct the patron to the appropriate person for the question to be answered. All of this is to be done in a professional and courteous manner.
- Process all program registrations, refunds, program cancellations, memberships and personal training packages.
- Assist staff in processing billing payments for Fitness Memberships.
- Assist patrons in completing all paperwork including contracts and permits for the rentals. Be the lead person inputting the information into VSI.
- Assist other team members with participating in and preparing for Special Events. Copying and distribution of information or materials, and scheduling facilities.
- Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Excellent customer service skills, (internal and external customers)
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to successfully use the secondary electronic devices: copy machine, postage machine, laminator and label maker.
- Work well with all departments and personalities.
- Have a basic knowledge of all programs, special events, and memberships; or know how and where to obtain the information.
- Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
The Front Desk Attendant may feel added pressure from the volume of calls, walk in requests, emails about programs, special events and general Park District information. The Front Desk Attendant must remain calm and continually share Park District information with patrons.
The Front Desk Attendant must be able to bend, stoop, lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, turn, sit, and stand for short or extended periods of time.
The Front Desk Attendant may be exposed to elements when assisting with outdoor functions. Most activities are preformed indoors; the outdoor conditions may include lighting and extreme temperatures.
The Front Desk Attendant must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District.
The Front Desk Attendant must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
CONTACT: Karla Paschon, Fitness Center Front Desk Supervisor at email@example.com