(630) 627-6100  |  info@obtpd.org  |  Employment  |  Advertising


Can I freeze my Fitness Center membership and suspend billing?

Memberships can only be frozen due to a medical issue. A medical note from a physician must be presented at that time stating how long that individual is unable to work out due to their medical issue. Membership then will be suspended until they are able to return.

What is the difference between Open Gym and a Daily Guest Fee?

Open Gym is only on the designated days and times (Friday and Sunday) and guests are allowed to use just the gym for $5/person. Any other days when guests want to use the facility it will be a $10/person charge as a daily guest fee of the facility.

Do I need a fishing license?

All persons 16 years and older must have in their possession a current Illinois fishing license with the following exceptions:

  • Parents monitoring children but not fishing themselves
  • Persons possessing valid Illinois or Veterans disability cards

Illinois fishing licenses may be purchased at many sporting goods stores, or directly from the Department of Natural Resources.

How can I volunteer?

Volunteers are needed for many Park District events. For more information on recreation event volunteer opportunities contact Taylor Stirmell. A background check is required of all volunteers.

Where can I park if the Nature Center lot is full?

Lake View Nature Center- When the parking lot is full, please park in the neighborhood. Street parking is not allowed on Hodges Road, but additional parking is available around the corner on Monterey Ave. Be sure to keep your tires on the pavement as the police will ticket if they are touching the grass. Please respect our business neighbors. We do not have permission to park in their lots. For weekend events, parking is available in the lower level of the 1 Parkview Plaza building near the Oakbrook Terrace Park District Fitness Center. The entrance is on 22nd street (same light as REI).

What is the program refund policy?

  • If a class minimum is not met, the class will be cancelled and registration fees will be returned.
  • No refunds will be given after the registration deadline has passed unless physician’s documentation is presented.
  • No refunds will be made after a ticket for a trip, stage show or special event has been purchased.
  • Refunds given prior to the start of a program will be charged a $5 service fee. Please allow 2 weeks to process refunds.

Is the Heritage Center available to rent during non-business hours?

Yes. We are happy to try to accommodate your rental. Once a facility rental application is submitted, we will work on getting staff for your rental. In the event that we are unable coordinate staff, you will be notified immediately and your rental can be resceduled or canceled.

Can food be brought in for my rental?

Food is allowed to be brought in with a rental. Charcoal grills are available at our parks for renters to cook. Events can be catered if the renter chooses. If food will be cooked onsite by a catering company, a Certificate of Insurance listing the Oakbrook Terrace Park District as an additional insured is required. All food waste and trash must be placed in the proper receptacles following each rental.

Can I have a tent rental, inflatable or other third party vendor at a rental?

All third party vendors including, but not limited to, catering companies, tent rental companies, table and chair rental companies, inflatable companies, DJ's, bands, etc. must be pre-arranged with Park district staff. A Certificate of Insurance listing the Oakbrook Terrace Park District as an additional insured must also be provided from each individual vendor.

Can I come early to set up for my rental?

We do allow 15 minutes before and after your rental time for set up and clean up. If a renter needs more time to set up and clean up, that time must be factored in to the rental time.