TITLE: Marketing Coordinator
SALARY: $18-20 per hour
SUMMARY: The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for all marketing, advertising, and sponsorship functions for the agency. The Marketing Coordinator is a part time employee working no more than 24 hours per week. Work pace is moderate depending on the task required. The position of Marketing Coordinator requires the ability to work at a moderate work level (30 lbs. or less). The scheduled workdays/hours are flexible, and a hybrid work schedule is possible. Periodic evening and weekend hours will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The Marketing Coordinator should have at least 3 years of experience in marketing or related field. A bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field is preferred. The Marketing Coordinator must have experience working Microsoft computer programs. Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: The Marketing Coordinator is under the supervision of the Superintendent of Recreation.
1. Manage marketing and promotional campaigns, including but not limited to websites, social media, and print.
2. Develop and maintain style guide and brand standards for agency to follow.
3. Produce written copy for marketing/promotional materials including but not limited to press releases, newsletters, brochures, and digital promotions.
4. Coordinate the development of the seasonal brochure for the Park District with the support of a contracted graphic designer.
5. Manage a monthly e-newsletter for the Park District.
6. Directly supervise and manage two to three community special events annually for the Park District.
7. Solicit, attain, and coordinate sponsorships.
8. Manage social media accounts for the Park District, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
9. Design and create promotional materials.
10. Manage agency website.
11. Take photos at events and programs and manage photo library.
12. Manage job postings through various avenues, including the agency website and social media pages.
13. Identify new avenues for marketing, promotions, and public relations.
14. Knowledge of Park District policies and procedures.
15. Must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND TRAITS:
1. Excellent customer service skills (internal and external customers).
2. Knowledge and understanding of modern marketing landscape.
3. Moderate to strong graphic design skills.
4. Knowledge of basic photography principles.
5. Ability to work independently while managing time and projects efficiently.
6. Work well with all departments and personalities.
1. Have a basic knowledge of all programs, special events, and memberships or know how and where to obtain the information.
2. Assist all employees of the Park District as needed.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS: The Marketing Coordinator may feel added pressure due to the volume of projects and other marketing obligations. The Marketing Coordinator must continually come up with creative solutions to address the marketing needs of the agency.
PHYSIOLOGICAL CONSIDERATIONS: The Marketing Coordinator must be able to bend, stoop, lift items weighing up to 30 pounds, turn, sit, and stand for short or extended periods of time.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSIDERATIONS: The Marketing Coordinator may be exposed to elements when assisting with outdoor functions. Most activities are performed indoors; the outdoor conditions may include lighting and extreme temperatures.
COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS: The Marketing Coordinator must exhibit good problem solving ability and good judgment in keeping with the mission of the Park District. The Marketing Coordinator must be in compliance with the loss prevention and safety policies of the Park District.
CONTACT: Interested applicants should send cover letter and resume to Shannon Elsey, Superintendent of Recreation: email@example.com.